- Is your head preventing you from becoming a winner?
- Do you suffer from slumps, choking, psych-outs, runaway emotions, negativity or a lack of confidence?
- Do you perform better in practice than at “crunch time” when it counts the most?
- Do you consistently underachieve in your performance arena?
NOW YOU CAN LEARN HOW TO DEVELOP THE MIND OF A CHAMPION
Most performance problems that athletes and other performers struggle with are not a result of poor conditioning, inadequate coaching or a lack of physical skills or technical ability. Sure, these physical or mechanical factors can sometimes cause sub-par play. However, when the heat of competition is turned up high, the individual performer or team that falls apart most often does so because of mental factors like runaway nervousness, intimidation, poor concentration, negativity, lack of confidence or an inability to let go of mistakes or bad breaks.
Yet how much time do you as an athlete, performer or coach spend on these issues and developing the mind of a champion? If you’re a committed, dedicated performer or coach, then you work too hard and sacrifice too much to let your own or your team’s competitive performance be disrupted by mental errors. Mental toughness techniques are just what you need to get your performance or team back on the fast track!
To realize your full potential as an athlete or performer, you have to start training your mind as well as your body! Just as you develop physical skills and techniques, you must learn to develop these mental skills. What are these so-called mental skills?
- Staying relaxed under pressure, in what I call “good nervous.”
- Focusing on what’s important and letting go of everything else.
- Rebounding from mistakes, bad breaks and failures.
- Handling last minute self-doubts and negative thinking.
- Using mental rehearsal for upcoming performances.
- Motivating yourself by setting personally meaningful and compelling goals.
- Recognizing mental traps and avoiding them.
- Developing self-confidence and a positive, go-for-it attitude.
You might also like:
Mental Toughness: For Peak Performance, Leadership Development, and Success: How to Maximize Focus, Motivation, Confidence, Self-Discipline, Willpower, and Mind Power in Sports, Business, and Health
eBooks (Personal Potential Books)