- Accredited by the American Psychological Association
- Requires 117 credits, including practica, internship, and dissertation. Students who enter with a bachelor's degree must also complete an additional 18 credits in the first two years of the program.
- Students who enter at Year I receive the M.S. in Clinical Psychology en route to the doctoral degree in August of Year II.
- Qualified applicants with master's degrees may apply to enter with Advanced Standing and may apply to transfer up to 24 credits.
- Program may be completed in six years for students who enter with bachelor's degrees and five years for students who enter with Advanced Standing.
- Classes are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to enable students to complete practica or pursue other activities.
- There are eight core doctoral faculty, four associated faculty, and six other contributing faculty members. Of the core faculty members, seven teach in the doctoral program, and one is the full-time Clinic Director who supervises students in practicum and internship. The program is further supported by associated faculty members including:
1) the Director of the CHC Internship Consortium (who also teaches, supervises, and participates in dissertation committees);
2) three other faculty members of the college who teach select doctoral courses, provide clinical supervision, and/or participate in dissertation committees. An additional six faculty members serve on dissertation committees and provide consultation services.
- Program follows a cohort model. Students who enter the program at the same time progress through the program as a cohort and take all of their classes together, thus facilitating cooperation, collaboration, and the development of personal bonds.
- Optional concentrations available in Psychological Assessment or Couple and Family Therapy.
- Theoretical orientation of the program is a complementary blend of psychodynamic and systems theories.
- Lab courses enable students to practice clinical skills under supervision of program faculty.
- Chestnut Hill College Assessment and Psychotherapy Clinic provides supervised field placements for students...
You might also like:
Neuroscience Media Image, Illustration, and Chart DVD
Software (Neuroscience Media Publishers, LLC)