Subscription Databases Free on National Archives Computers
Use these links on a National Archives facility computer to access these subscription-only websites for free. (Free access can also often be found from local public and university libraries.)
If you use the same link from outside the National Archives facility, there will be a fee.
Details about Subscription Databases
These websites are free only when accessed from a link on Archives.gov while at a National Archives facility computer.
This database offers access to:
- Complete bibliographic reference to the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- 490, 000 bibliographic entries for periodicals dating back to 1954.
- Over 2, 000 journals published worldwide.
- Produced by ABC-CLIO.
- Click on subscription access link to browse the database.
- America: History & Life is also available to staff and researchers on CD-ROM in the library at the National Archives at Washington, DC.
Ancestry is a subscription service offering extensive resources for researching family history including databases containing billions of digitized historical documents, message boards, educational materials, and family trees contributed by individual researchers. Over 1.2 billion records in over 3, 000 databases, including census images from 1790 onward, immigration and passenger lists, military draft cards, city directories, and much more.
You may want to start your Genealogy research here with searches of recent Census records:
Fold3 (Formerly Footnote.com) presents millions of digitized historical documents that can be searched and browsed. The site covers a wide variety of topics, including Civil War records, Native American resources, newspapers, photographs and much more. They now specialize in military records.
You may want to start here if you are searching for Military and Military Pension records:
- Search databases and tables of contents.
- Place orders directly by credit card.
- Offers core journals in economics, history, political science, and sociology, as well as in other key fields in the humanities and social sciences.
- Includes 119 titles in twenty-one disciplines.
- Collection can be searched or browsed by discipline, title, or publisher.
thinksport SPF 50 Plus Sunscreen, 3 Ounce (Packaging May Vary)
You might also like:
Thinksport Kid's Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, 3oz
Benchmarking R&D and companies through patent analysis using free databases and special software: a tool to improve innovative thinking [An article from: World Patent Information]
Master Class Vol.3: Alexander Alekhine & ChessCentral's "Art of War" E-Book: (2 Item Bundle)
The troubling future of internet search: data customization is giving rise to a private information universe at the expense of a free and fair flow of ... An article from: The Futurist
Book (World Future Society)