A professional who wants to earn their Psy.D. degree in clinical psychology should ensure that the program is certified by a major accrediting body in the United States. This will help to ensure that your doctoral degree adheres to the highest possible standards of quality in the United States.It also will ensure that potential employers will recognize that your Psy.D. comes from a highly rigorous program. This is very important to think about, when you consider that earning your doctoral degree is going to take at least four years.
The most recommended online PsyD programs that are accredited by a major accrediting agency in the US are:
The clinical psychology Psy.D. program at Capella University will provide you with complete clinical training, which is based upon key theoretical and scientific foundations of the field of psychology. These include psychological assessment and intervention. This specialty is set up to prepare you for state licensure eligibility so you can practice as a clinical psychologist. This program requires online classes and also residency and clinical training in your area. Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Request information from Capella University.
- You must begin this program in the fall by enrolling in PSY8001, and you have to complete this class before you move on to other courses.
- You can transfer a maximum of 15 quarter credits towards your Psy.D.
- You must complete three years of full time enrollment at minimum to earn your doctoral degree.
- You need to finish 125 quarter hours of classes, which includes core and specialization classes, and 20 hours of electives, for a total of 145 quarter credits.
- You also need to finish at least three doctoral practicum series classes, and also must complete a site-based practicum.
- You need to complete a practicum of at least 1000 hours and 2000 internship hours.
In this Psy.D. program, you will discover how to improve both the mental and emotional health of your fellow man and woman, no matter if you are in a clinical environment or in the workplace. This program begins by building your knowledge in the systems and history of psychology, and then you will focus on advanced classes in statistics, research and measurements. You also will have to demonstrate your expertise in advanced psychological principles with a dissertation in your fourth year. This university is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. Request information from University of the Rockies.
You might also like: